Multi-Line Chemotherapy Universal Port Extension Set with SIX Needle-Free ports, ChemoConnect®
ChemoConnect® Multi-Line Chemotherapy Universal Port Extension Set with six needle-free ports is designed for safe and effective use with the ChemoConnect® extension set system and IV Fluid bags with a needle-free admix port (such as EasyFlex® N), as well as rigid containers. This set includes six needle-free SecureConnect® access ports and standard, vented IV bag spike for connection to the main flush line as well as a universal port to allow connection and use with most IV gravity or pump administration sets. This multi-line extension set also features a yellow, semi-opaque 40cm tubing to protect light sensitive drugs and a comfortable pinch-clamp.
ChemoConnect® is a needle-free, closed connection system of extension sets and accessories enabling safe and effective preparation and administration of cytotoxic, chemotherapy fluid medications. This product portfolio was designed in close partnership with NHS clinical and pharmacy staff to optimise patient and healthcare workers safety and supporting clinical best practice.
In combination with IV fluid bags equipped with needle-free admix port (such as EasyFlex® N), the unique ChemoConnect® multi-line system enables preparation and administration of chemotherapy medications within a closed system and without the use of any needles, whilst helping to avoid accidental spills and exposure to cytotoxic medications protecting both patient and clinician.
The ChemoConnect® Multi-Line System sets may be connected to most IV pump sets or IV gravity administration sets, making this system compatible with pump and gravity infusions. The ChemoConnect® portfolio also includes a fully assembled gravity infusion system that includes Spirit Medical AirGuard® Gravity set that further enhances safety and effectiveness of the system as it helps to eliminate the risk of air embolism during gravity infusions and does not require any assembly or multiple packaging.
The ChemoConnect® portfolio also includes two Chemo-Sure extension sets that are focussed on enabling preparation and/or administration of two-step chemotherapy protocols in safe, effective and economical manner. Each Chemo-Sure extension set system features a universal access port that makes each of these sets compatible with pump and gravity infusions.
Designed to help reduce the risk of sharps injuries and accidental spills of cytotoxic medications:
- The ChemoConnect® multi-line extension set system is based on the principle of needle-free access ports in the making of all key interconnections.
System flexibility facilitates pump and gravity infusions as well as administration from IV bags or rigid containers
- The ChemoConnect® multi-line extension sets include universal spike adaptor port to allow connection to any gravity or most pump administration sets.
- The drug container connection extension sets are available with male luer connectors to allow safe connection to IV bags with needle-free ports or with vented spikes to allow connection to rigid containers.
Protects light sensitive medications with semi-opaque, yellow colour tubing.
Ergonomic design, easy to hold and easy to use
- Pinch-Clamp is included to make opening or closing of clamps easy with one hand
Helps reduce the risk of Bloodstream Infections for patients undergoing Chemotherapy treatments:
- All ChemoConnect® multi-line extension sets are provided with SecureConnect® needle-free access ports
- Each SecureConnect® Needle-Free access port has flat, smooth, swabable and self-closing split septum
- Double valve design providing double seal against contamination
- Zero dead-space to help prevent harbouring of contaminates and biofilm formation
- Septum forming tight seal to protect against contamination
- Straight fluid pathway to make flushing more effective
- Transparent housing to encourage complete and effective flushing
Available in a complete range of configurations
Multi-Line Chemotherapy Universal Port Extension Set with Six Needle-Free Ports, SM000086W is equipped with the following:
- One vented spike for connection to main flush line
- One pinch-clamp
- Six SecureConnect® needle-free access ports
- One Universal spike adaptor port
- 40cm of semi-opaque, DEHP-free yellow colour tubing
- Available in boxes of 20 units
|Number of SecureConnect needle-free ports||6|
|Number of lumen||1|
|Number of clamps||1|
|Type of clamp||pinch clamp|
|Cytotoxic drug compatible||Yes|
|Compatible with gravity sets||Yes|
|Maximum number of activations||600|
|Unit of issue||20|