Here at Spirit Medical, we recognise our responsibility to the environment beyond legal and regulatory requirements and are committed to reducing our environmental impact and continually improving our environmental performance as an integral part of our business strategy and operating methods.
As part of this commitment, we understand the impact of the types of waste we generate and arrange for the safest means of recycling. Minimal waste is produced from a small number of sources within the Spirit Group, which includes:
Waste stock items (expired stock, obsolete stock and damaged stock) – this type of waste is used for EFW (energy for waste – alternative to fossil fuels).
General waste (kitchen waste and office waste) – this type of waste is DMR (dried mixed recycling) and is recycled.
Our managing director and quality manager are responsible for ensuring that our environmental policy is implemented, however, all our employees have a responsibility to ensure that the aims and objectives of the policy are met, including:
- Reduce waste and carbon emissions.
- Comply with all relevant regulatory requirements.
- Continually improve and monitor environmental performance.
- Continually improve and reduce environmental impact.
- Increase employee awareness.
Paper – we will:
- Where possible seek to operate in a paperless environment.
- Sourcing only from recycled paper suppliers.
- Segregate and recycle our paper waste.
Energy and Water – we will:
- Source renewable, zero carbon or eco-friendly alternative energy supply.
- Source low-energy lighting supplies.
- Adopt automation for lighting supply.
- Carefully consider our environmental sourcing during procurement.
- When sourcing upgrades, and/or modifications to existing building supply and infrastructure, carefully consider eco-friendly options.
Office Supplies, Maintenance, and cleaning – we will:
- When procuring office supplies, seek to source from eco-friendly suppliers.
- Check and turn off power supplies at the end of the day.
- Recycle waste where possible – ink cartridges, paper & cardboard, furniture etc.
- Promote office plants.
- Source eco-friendly cleaning products.
Monitoring and improvement – we will:
- Operate a Continuous Improvement approach, including Environmental focus in regular Management reviews.
- Continually monitor and steer in accordance with environmental regulatory requirements.
- Review and update this policy at least annually in consultation with staff and stakeholders where necessary.